The Sherwood Foundation for the Arts is proud to announce this year’s summer musical… Annie!
Leapin’ Lizards! The irrepressible comic strip heroine takes center stage in one of the world’s best-loved musicals. All roles are open. We’re looking for orphans…girls, and some boys. We need a Rooster, a radio announcer, some singing sisters, and a beloved president. Plus Annie, Warbucks, and Grace, the colorful Mrs. Hannigan, a team of servants, some cabinet members, a NY street cop, and some extras. We are even looking for a dog! (check back for details on that)
Come join the fun, it’s going to be a wonderful show!
If you have signed up for a spot on the sign-up sheets, please
download the audition form by clicking the image below.
(Please bring the filled out form with you to your audition.)
Audition Dates & Times:
Thursday, March 21
Friday, March 22
6:00 pm – 9:30 pm, both nights
What you need to know:
- Annie will run July 26, 27, 28, and August 2, 3, and 4. (afternoon matinees on both Sundays)
- Please prepare 32 bars or 1 minute of a song. Bring sheet music for the accompanist in a 3-ring binder.
- No recordings or a Capella. Be prepared to sing a second song if asked.
- Please prepare a short, comedic monologue. It should be memorized.
(Monologue is optional for everyone except girls who want to be considered for Annie)
- You must be 7-years old by July 1st of this year to be in the show.
- When you’re up, state your name clearly, tell us where you’re from, and what you’ll be singing.
- If you’re called back, it’s possible you’ll be asked to dance. A link to the choreography video will be emailed to you the week of auditions. Wear comfortable clothing and bring dance shoes, if you have them, to call-backs.
Bring a current photo that’s at least 4×6, a 1-page resume, and and the completed Audition form. It will be posted on this page, but we’ll email a link to everyone that’s signed up, the week of auditions. The dancing auditions will be on Saturday, in small groups.
Rehearsals will average 2-3 days per week; not everyone will come to each rehearsal. All roles are volunteer, unpaid, and offered at the discretion of the Directors.
If you have questions, please contact the Production Manager, Russell Griffin at: FlashGriffin@gmail.com