Pumpkin Carving Contest Rules
Any structure – real or imaginary – is eligible for entry.
Families are encouraged to enter!
Two divisions: Youth (17 or younger) & Adult (18 or older)
• Free hand designs, as well as Carving Kits & patterns, may be used for this contest.
• Entries will be judged on Overall Appearance, Originality, and Creativity*. There will be 3 Categories. Scariest, Funniest & Most Creative Musical*
• Most Creative entries should be themed to one of the following past 9 musicals, or our upcoming musical (Hello Dolly!):
The Music Man, The Secret Garden, Sound of Music, Wizard of Oz, Oklahoma, Les Miserables, Into the Woods, My Fair Lady, Anything Goes, or Hello Dolly!
• Finished Entries need to be free standing or attached to a foam core or plywood base enabling it to be.
• Each entry cannot exceed 2 feet in width, 2 feet in depth, and 2 feet in height.
• No “Flame” candles allowed… battery operated or snap light ONLY.
• Entries must be dropped off on Tuesday, Oct. 31 from 1:30 pm – 2:30pm at the Sherwood Foundation of the Arts booth located in front of the Sherwood Center for the Arts.
• A Registration Form will need to be completed online.
• Judging from SFA panel will begin at 2:30 pm on October 31, 2017.
• Peoples Choice Award – voting on Tues. Oct. 31 3:00pm – 5:30 pm.
• Awards will be distributed for each division as follows on Oct. 31st at 5:45 pm.
• Winners will be contacted through our social media apps & via telephone, need not be present to win. However, all entries must be picked up no later than 6pm. Entries not picked up will be destroyed
• Sherwood Foundation for the Arts reserves the right to refuse any entry deemed inappropriate.
Any question, concerns or issues please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call/text 503.847.1367