Any structure – real or imaginary – is eligible for entry.
Families are encouraged to enter!
Two divisions: Youth (17 or younger) & Adult (18 or older)
• Free hand designs, as well as Carving Kits & patterns, may be used for this contest.
• Entries will be judged on Overall Appearance, Originality, and Creativity*. There will be 3 Categories. Scariest, Funniest & Most Creative Musical*• Most Creative entries should be themed to one of the following past 9 musicals, or our upcoming musical (Hello Dolly!): The Music Man, The Secret Garden, Sound of Music, Wizard of Oz, Oklahoma, Les Miserables, Into the Woods, My Fair Lady, Anything Goes, or Hello Dolly!
• Finished Entries need to be free standing or attached to a foam core or plywood base enabling it to be.
• Each entry cannot exceed 2 feet in width, 2 feet in depth, and 2 feet in height.
• No “Flame” candles allowed… battery operated or snap light ONLY.
• Entries must be dropped off on Tuesday, Oct. 31 from 1:30 pm – 2:30pm at the Sherwood Foundation of the Arts booth located in front of the Sherwood Center for the Arts.
• A Registration Form will need to be completed online.
• Judging from SFA panel will begin at 2:30 pm on October 31, 2017.
• Peoples Choice Award – voting on Tues. Oct. 31 3:00pm – 5:30 pm.
• Awards will be distributed for each division as follows on Oct. 31st at 5:45 pm.
• Winners will be contacted through our social media apps & via telephone, need not be present to win. However, all entries must be picked up no later than 6pm. Entries not picked up will be destroyed• Sherwood Foundation for the Arts reserves the right to refuse any entry deemed inappropriate. Any question, concerns or issues please email email@example.com or call/text 503.847.1367